24 hours ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
Timeline PhotosIf you’re a newly re-opened business or planning for starting up again, you can find useful resources here: gov.wales/test-trace-protect-toolkit-critical-worker-employers
And posters for workplaces here: businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/tool-kit #KeepWalesSafe ...
1 week ago
**** Please share ****
'PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ONLY MESSAGE THIS PAGE. IF YOU COMMENT, IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
With thanks to Canolfan Pentre, next week I will be out delivering mindfulness packs around Maerdy.
If you are 65+ and shielding within Maerdy and would like a mindfulness pack please message this page with your details including Full Name, address and postcode.
'PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ONLY MESSAGE' ...
If any shops in Ferndale or Maerdy require a COVID ready pack please message us at the Fern Partnership and we can arrange collection from The Hwb in Ferndale next week 👍🏼😄
We will get in touch to confirm your request early next week.
Thank you ...
JOB OPPORTUNITY - ANIMAL WELFARE ASSISTANT (6 MONTHS FTC)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Animal Welfare Assistant (6 months FTC) at our busy rescue centre in Llanharan, South Wales.
You will be responsible for the day to day care of dogs and following duties:
- To admit and care for rescue dogs in accordance with Hope Rescue Standard Operating Procedures and processes ensuring welfare standards are consistently met
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kennels at all times.
- Ensuring all animals housed are fed timely and in line with the dietary requirements of the animal.
- Ensuring all dogs are exercised appropriately and receive appropriate enrichment.
- Ensure medication is stored correctly and administered in line with medical advice and guidance.
- Bathing of dogs as required.
- Light maintenance duties as required.
-To comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures in line with Hope Rescue and statutory standards and rules, ensuring the safety of all persons and pets on and off site at all times.
- Dealing with customers and delivering an excellent customer experience with a positive, motivated attitude.
The salary rate is Minimum Wage.
Full time hours: 40 per week 8 a.m. until 4.30 p.m. Friday - Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday allocated days off.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date :1st July 2020
Timeline PhotosMany youth clubs in Rhondda Cynon Taf are meeting once a week virtually (6pm to 7pm). These links contain details about how you can take part in your area:
Taff area: orlo.uk/khJnH ...
Coed Lleol is continuing to help people across Wales improve their wellbeing by connecting to nature.
One of the ways they are doing this is through online video sessions, currently held on Zoom. Zoom is free to download and can be used on a computer, tablet or phone. They have put together a weekly timetable of themed sessions, from Foraging to Mindfulness!
In addition to this we also have weekly local sessions.
To sign up people need to fill in an online registration form. This also gives people the option of requesting telephone befriending.
The online sessions are open and free to anyone in Wales.
For more information visit www.coedlleol.org.uk/naturefix/ ...
Have Your Say on The Lost Peatlands Project!
Todays questions are on... Training Opportunities
The Lost Peatlands project is aiming to run training opportunities in your area e.g traditional skills, dry stone walling and hedge laying, wildlife identification/ monitoring and Countryside Management skills.
1) Would you be interested in taking part in any of these opportunities? Yes/No
2) Would you be interested in obtaining an environmental themed Agored qualification (GCSE equivalent) through such training (requiring one day a month attendance)? Yes/No
Please answer in the comments, or message us. Thank you so much for your time
Cyfle i ddweud eich dweud am y Prosiect Adfer Mawndiroedd!
Mae cwestiynau heddiw yn ymwneud ... Cyfleoedd Hyfforddiant
Mae’r Prosiect Adfer Mawndiroedd yn bwriadu cynnal cyfleoedd hyfforddi yn eich ardal e.e. sgiliau traddodiadol, codi waliau sych a phlygu perthi, adnabod/monitro bywyd gwyllt a sgiliau Rheoli Cefn Gwlad
Fyddai diddordeb gennych mewn cymryd rhan yn unrhyw un o'r cyfleoedd hyn?
Fyddai diddordeb gennych mewn ennill cymhwyster Agored ar thema'r amgylchedd (cyfwerth â TGAU) trwy'r fath hyfforddiant (bydd gofyn i chi fod yn bresennol am un diwrnod y mis)?
Atebwch y sylwadau, neu anfonwch neges atom. Diolch yn fawr am eich amser ...
🏠 Good Morning all! For those who suffered flooding yesterday, I am deeply sorry, what's the situation like this morning?
🚈 I'm in the House of Commons chamber this morning standing up for the Rhondda, but I'll be rushing back asap to visit those affected in Pentre and Treorchy. I'll be in Maerdy on Friday with Cllr Jack Harries.
My team will be out this morning distributing the below ⬇️ ...
Timeline PhotosYouth workers are taking part in Instant Messaging sessions with young people – between midday-2pm and 6pm-8pm every weekday. Press the pink ‘chat now’ link on the following webpage to take part: orlo.uk/X9xwR ...
Who are we?
- A Multi Award winning organisation and charity founded in 2008 by current Director of Business Michelle Coburn-Hughes as The Friends of Ferndale. The aims of the organisation is to enhance provision for pupils and offer services and support for the local community.
- Due to rapid expansion and development in recent years the organisation is expanding to offer service to wider communities in RCT and beyond. In 2016 the organisation developed and became a company limited by guarentee with charitible status operating as ‘The Fern Partnerhip’.